1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You're not a liberal pussy if you decide to wear a mask.

You're not a selfish asshole per se if you decide not to.

You're probably a selfish asshole if you barge into a store requiring masks and you STILL refuse to wear one.

Everyone OK with that?

HC and Cosmo like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Was listening to NPR this morning and it struck me that even while we tend to always "move on" to the next "thing" in this country - the George Floyd murder and protests - COVID isn't going anywhere, it will defy news cycles and our short attention spans. Still killing 1,000 people a day, still infecting tens of thousands more and yet most of the country is "moving on." Probably another 50k dead from COVID by the time a vaccine is introduced - whether it works or not...
    Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump put all the eggs in the basket of the group that said they could get "a vaccine" to the public in the shortest amount of time. (And probably the low bid at that).

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We drove by the dying Lakewood Mall in Lakewood, CA last night. The ONLY cars in the parking lot were in front of the Applebee's. You cannot make this up. Must have been 20 0r 25 cars in anotherwise empty lot. I wanted to stop and take a picture for the board, but then I would have had to explain to my wife about this message board, and the deep connection that Applebee's has with this board. Let alone what a riblet is.

6. BTExpress

Just following sound advice:

Warden Norton: "We just have to put it behind us . . . move on."

Andy Dufresne: "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'."

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

It's a freaking desert. In June. Of course it's a hot spot.

poindexter likes this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It's just that it is the easiest fucking thing in the world that anyone will be asked in their entire stinking rotten life to do. It is also patriotic and easy and smart. People will never ever be asked to do anything simpler than wear a fucking mask. I don't care who your gov. is or what party you are or if you are gay or if you like led zeppelin, anybody any where, just wear the thing.

Some prominent person, wish I could remember who, said we never in our wildest imagination thought we would have to convince people that there was a pandemic. Never cold imagine that people would act like this in a pandemic.

Simplest thing you can do. And we have to beg people to do it.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good explainer. The people who are abandoning the basic stuff ... masks, distancing, avoiding large gatherings ... that concerns me. I still think you can get out and be safe if you're careful, but as has been pointed out in this thread, it seems like a lot of people are just like, 'fuck it, it's over.'

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Or fuck it, it's only killing people in nursing homes. Then some twisted notion that we will reach/are closer to reaching herd immunity, so let's go for it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NYC Health Department - "Maybe try a glory hole."

Draft saved Draft deleted