1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sadly, you’re correct.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

upload_2020-6-11_0-13-0.gif

garrow and Donny in his element like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s so fucking awful that I can’t believe it’s real. Good lord.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does anyone really expect NASCAR to play flag police among spectators? In the infield?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They do with bootleg merch.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I've always said they could ban flags in general on safety grounds. Check stuff at the gate. Make it known in advance. Now if somebody sneaks it in, it'll be hard to take it away. Any cop on that duty had better bring a lot of help.

7. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

It's not the defeat they haven't gotten over. It's the loss of the right to legally build a society based on the enslavement of other human beings that they haven't gotten over.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Today, a lot of Trumpists are consoling themselves over the loss of their beloved symbol of defeat and treason. They're hurt. They're claiming they'll never go to another klan meeting disguised as sporting event again. Nor will they watch one again.
    Fans always talk a good game when aggrieved. They almost all come back eventually.

gingerbread and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I have a solution for the Confederate sympathizers;

don’t come to CA, don’t take our $$, don’t use our tech and medical advances and research;

I won’t come there, won’t even think of vacationing there, and won’t SEND YOUR KIDS TO WAR.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong @Inky_Wretch. Wasn't there a time when you defended NASCAR allowing the Confederate flag? My memory is awful, so perhaps I have you confused with someone else on this site? But if you did, what brought you around to the other side?

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Put them next to Russian windows

Draft saved Draft deleted