1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

There is also a mental health and economic crisis due to COVID 19 closings. It is a difficult time in this nation!

2. Jerry-atric

The interview posted by Mr. Azrael explained that you must spend lengthy time with a person indoors to catch COVID 19.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is good news! Thanks for tweeting Mr. Dilanian.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It made you stronger.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Jerry-atric

Any good news we can get these difficult days.

7. Jerry-atric

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Double sessions, perhaps? Half the class from, say, 7:30-12 and the other 1-5:30?

9. Jerry-atric

I asked my wife if I should wear this mask to prevent COVID 19.

You have to admit that is pretty funny. Can you imagine!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That already the case in Chaz. But apparently commune street fairs are a worthy cause.

At this point our leaders have created a maze-like, progressive-politics-driven series of thought processes to determine what is and isn’t OK anyway. There’s hardly any logic to it. Kids can put their grubby hands all over whatever in a grocery store or march about for the right cause, but playgrounds? Oh goodness no.

City and state leaders gave few thoughts to anyone’s well being in this crisis beyond whether they were taking up a hospital bed or adding a tally to the death scoreboard. At no time was there much of conversation about how deeply unhelpful bad or misleading reporting can be to the negative - cue up the human sacrifice piece on Georgia - because it served their politics. When it did not serve their politics - weeks worth of potential disease-spreading rallies/protests/lootfests/commune street fairs - you saw a massive shrug to the matter. It’s just too important, at this very moment, with more than 100,000 lives lost, to make a case for defunding the police.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I just went downtown for the first time in months to get the dog groomed. Very big city, tremendously big in fact.

And everyone was wearing a fucking mask.

sgreenwell and Jerry-atric like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Throw in some blame for the media, the cools on Twitter and higher education and you'd have written the perfect Alma post.

Fuck it, every person for themselves. All social contracts are moot. All talk of Americans pulling together to overcome great challenges is dead. Concern for your fellow man no longer exists. Fuck. It. All.

Draft saved Draft deleted