1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And those stories were just a blip too. Probably got about the same amount of coverage from the damned media as this thing. Got talked about a lot here because several of us know the region.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There is literally nothing else like it in America. It’s five blocks in a major city during a pandemic in which police officers are not allowed and armed guards patrol barricades around its perimeter.

I mean, you could be for every single thing Chaz is for...it’s an interesting story.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, about those "armed guards" talking points...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/12/seattle-autonomous-zone-capitol-hill/

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The armed guards thing has been debunked. Quit watching Fox News.

Opinion: Debunking myths of the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Let's talk about Gov. Trumpfluffer. In late May, he was claiming his state's 7-day average of new positive case rates was < 4%. Then he got caught cooking the books. Since then, they're at 7.5%.
    So far this week (weeks running Monday-Sunday), 238 Georgians have died. The state is on pace to tie its deadliest week yet. But by all means let's reopen and ignore this non-existent Wuhan Virus. Nice work from the One and Only Party of Life.

upload_2020-6-12_19-37-27.png

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

Hope the site is secure. The Trumpist governor has already started taking his hacks, I presume.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I assume you have concern regarding the massive street fair/commune in Seattle then. It’s at least as bad as a busy Olive Garden, I’d think.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The Seattle party is outdoors, however.

12. tapintoamerica

Probably is not gonna turn out well. At least it's outdoors and reasonably well masked. (At least from the photos I have seen.)
    Still not a good look.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted