1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll ask again.

What should be done about Seattle?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That wasn't just about social distancing. That was about the management handling things poorly and a few of us chatting about the location because we know it well.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Progressive virtue signaling from ... the organizers of a huge motorcycle rally ... who canceled their event in September. Probably going to build a CHAZ instead!

2020 Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally canceled

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Human beings face an uncomfortable dilemma:

1. Rationalize their asses off pretty much every day.
    2. Go insane.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, just about every event is getting canceled. Collect on insurance for the event. If you hold
    The event and no one comes, you’re in the shit financially.

I read the Iowa State Fair cancelled. That’s a big deal. Liability.

The only reason we’ll get college football is that it’s damn near a financial necessity for athletic departments. I’m dubious as to whether we’ll get college hoops. I kinda suspect not.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If there is college football and schools are on campus in the spring semester, there will be college basketball barring another total outbreak. Between one quarter and one third of the 351-member beast that is Division I does not play football and therefore relies heavily on NCAA tournament revenue. Having already missed on it once, some of those schools will be in really bad shape if they lose that paycheck yet again.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem with that thinking is that many of those people will not be able to continue to do what is necessary for them to stay safe once everyone else decides to open up. Many will be forced to put themselves out there and risk exposure.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think there's going to be a fall semester of some sort, starting around labor Day and ending up at Thanksgiving. And then I think when schools break for the winter holidays, they won't come back for spring semester because the virus will be out of control. But I'm a glass half full kind of person

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Feds will use their prompt and powerful response to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge takeover/occupation as a template. You know, when terrorists who were ALL armed to the teeth took over a Federal installation and then were basically given free reign for about six weeks. Funny that candidate Trump didn't ask the Feds to "dominate" that scenario.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Congrats on surviving Covid. Here’s your bill.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted