1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Antifa is the real life snipe hunt episode of Cheers, except that Frasier at least caught on at the end.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, people should start phoning in "Antifa spottings" at random locations - bingo parlors, girl scout meetings, garden clubs. I'd add that it would be funny to post a story about Antifa having moles within the White House and in local militias but I wouldn't want anyone killed.

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'll push back on this only because we saw people raid pizza parlors looking for underage sex trafficking.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Truly despicable video surfaced of five HS girls in my community saying the N word and slaves in a current context. Horrible feelings for me since my kids grew up around them. People want them expelled. However someone reminded me they were only 15-16 and I certainly said horrible things that I’m ashamed of when I was that age. Very conflicted.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

93 percent of Woke America has been furiously Googling "Juneteenth" this week.

"Shit! There's something else going on I need to pretend to be outraged about. Better find out what the hell it is!"

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

See as a White guy you don’t care. Don’t pretend to know what it means to someone Black how they should react. Don’t you see this type of response is exactly what the protests are about? You just don’t get it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

83 percent of Americans can't find a place on a map we've been fighting in for two decades.

I feel pretty confident in saying an even smaller percentage know of Juneteenth.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nonresponsive

maybe just don't mention it

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One high school soccer team I covered had two Megans, a Meghan, a Meagan and a Megyn.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted