1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am with you on the spirit of this, but these young folks are not as dumb as people think they are.

I had to make that concession in my own life - that I was wrong about millennials. You ought to try the same.

I mean fuck man, many of these people have almost literally never known an America at peace, either at home or abroad.

They do not have that atrium of memories that we have.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

93% of woke America isn’t the president or on his staff. There are things the president and his staff should know.

Considering one of his top advisors is a white supremacist, it seems much more likely that they picked that day in that city because of Juneteenth. The excuse that, we, shucks, we didn’t know doesn’t hold water.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So why does dad still have all his guns?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A lot of American millennials have lived terrific lives full of freedom and options as far as the eye can see. They’ve struggled to handle that, and thus embraced their nation as a despicable place to live.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now go back and try reading qtlaw's post again. Perhaps it will sink in.

Then again, it's you and empathy for others isn't really your thing.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Except for the whole dream of homebuying. The nerve of them to want what their parents and grandparents wanted.
    That's just for the captains of industry ensconced in their estates while everyone else goes back out into the plague to work.

Gassing your own people in real time for a stunt? I would agree it's become quite despicable when that happens.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Freedom to pay six figures for an education, even more if they want to be a doctor or lawyer.

Freedom to get out of school and struggle to land a decent paying job.

Freedom to watch certain careers vanish completely.

Freedom to maintain stagnant wages and damn near non-existent benefits.

Freedom to deal with skyrocketing health care premiums.

Freedom to get shot in the face at school.

Freedom to get shot in the face at a club.

Freedom to get shot goddamn near anywhere, by anyone.

Freedom to listen to an entire generation of wheezing, aging boomers — a generation that had it a helluva lot easier, especially if you’re white — continue to diminish them and call them lazy and disinterested.

I shouldn’t have even replied. I know better than to fan flames after an Almatov cocktails been lobbed.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Your sweeping generalizations are just fucking insane.

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Every time I see a boomer post, “the millennials would be too lazy to fight the nazis,” I ask them who they think has been America’s wars for the last 19 years? Usually gets them sputtering.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's a woman who calls herself the Volatile Mermaid on Twitter. Her pinned tweet is. A Boomer is someone older than me I dislike. A Millennial is someone younger than me I dislike. I think that sums up these generational generalizations quite well.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted