1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That's just it. I've heard Malcolm Nance talk about millennials he's witnessed in combat and his opinion is good enough to be mine.

These are not (P-word we're not supposed to say anymore)

They are Americans who've been systematically failed by their government, and not just since 2017 either.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Replace the word "millennials" in most complaints with the word "hippies" and you can build yourself a time machine back to 1968.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We have less vacation time and more gun violence deaths than any country on Earth. Mention this to anyone and you get bluster about freedom and “greatest country on Earth.” My ass. This place is Oz and these people are pulling back the curtain.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, the first sentence is not really a generalization. The second one, but generalizations can also be true. Such as, racial injustice remains an issue in America.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So Twitter outed this woman.

She is a business owner. La Face products or something like that.

End well for her, this will not.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't bother with the greatest country on earth tripe. It's not a competition. I do know America is deeply committed, on the whole, to confessing every possible weakness and sin that befalls our nation. Some countries are so corrupt and repressed that we have no real idea the depths of their weaknesses.

But I would agree the self-hatred for the nation in which we live ranks high on the list of American problems. It's become fashionable to assume every wickedness and every corruption imaginable, and it is become increasingly fashionable to publicly confess those things about oneself, lest you be called out on Twitter for your badness.

Such a system primarily benefits two kinds of people: Truly duplicitous, phony, high-level narcissists; and people without an ounce of shame.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Iran bringing its trolling A-game ...

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth