1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't get the sense they are regretting it.
    They went all-in with their Dr. Fauci and whiffed.
    Our economy is going to pop right back up like hot toast when the time is right and you know that.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I guess if the Cools like it...

swingline and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I would not be so sure about that. Growth rates will look good coming off a zero baseline, sure, but millions of workers aren't just going to pop back to their old jobs when their companies reopen. Companies, the sane ones anyway, will resume operations slowly to try and prevent the kind of virus outbreaks that will shut them down again.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And there are still those myriad other Ragu-esque metrics that have to collapse the house of cards at some time . . . don't they? :eek:

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I think this is snark.

If not, you mean the economy that couldn't survive even a few weeks of shutdown? The one where the bedrock corporations lined right up for bailouts? A house of cards doesn't pop back up.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man Behind Sweden’s Controversial Virus Strategy Admits Mistakes

Sweden’s top epidemiologist has admitted his strategy to fight Covid-19 resulted in too many deaths, after persuading his country to avoid a strict lockdown.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

7. BTExpress

He certainly seems to regret it. Rest of the country, not so much.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How do you know that? Do you have a poll of Swedes supporting your statement? Show your work.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I have long wondered about the mystery of the Alabama stadium construction site outbreak. It is an outdoor stadium. Today, a scientist on the radio answered my question. Construction workers travel in trucks together to the site!

britwrit likes this.
  10. BTExpress

I don't know that (see, it is possible to acknowledge such a thing :eek: ). But . . .

I'm not aware of "shut it down!" protests/demands from the populace. I'm also not aware of healthcare capabilities being stretched (which, once upon a time, was THE reason for shutdowns). And remember, regardless of the position of experts/government officials, each person has within himself the capability of sheltering to whatever degree he/she desires to feel as safe as possible --- and deal with the economic consequences thereof. A handful of people on this board are doing that very thing --- sheltering beyond the restrictions of their states/counties.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is a very good point. The posters of Sportsjournalists.com are very cautious and are to be congratulated for working hard to stop the spread of COVID 19.

Draft saved Draft deleted