1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All true but the constitution does not specifically SAY a POTUS cannot pardon himself, and the SCOTUS is well enough stocked with GOP slappies, it would be astonishing if they did not give him the benefit of the ambiguity.

He'll be in Moscow by Jan. 20 anyway. He'll present Uncle Vlad with the shiny sparkling $3 billion Air Force One 747 as a token of his appreciation and a rental down payment on his luxury retirement dacha.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I thought the Supreme Court ruled against him on the dacha issue.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Uncle Vlad will give him a luxurious fifth floor penthouse apartment in Moscow, with spectacular window views of the asphalt below.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The justification I saw for skyrocketing Florida and Texas numbers is that the infected are trending much younger.

And thus places us in a position less fraught.

Or so they say.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not "the" peak. This peak. There will be plenty more.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But we've got to have sports back! Anybody who disagrees is just a fear-mongering libruhl.

9. Neutral Corner

Speaking of Epstein, I'm trying to decide if this stuff passes the smell test, is in tinfoil hat territory, or has some truth to it. I like Lincoln's Bible, am tired of Eric Garland's schtick, and don't know Zev from Adam. Some interesting names thrown around here.

and

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

This is pretty spot on. I'm tired of still seeing a bunch of talk like it's just like getting the flu or a cold and if you are young it's no big deal. It's a big deal even for many who survive and we still don't know how much it impacts those who get it.

I don't understand why it's OK to brush off the tens of thousands of people it's not OK for. How we justify 130,000 dead in four months. How we justify 10,000 cases a damn day in Florida all this time after we knew how big of a deal it is.

So many are so immune to the issue or just don't care. We can joke about Karens and Applebees and haircuts but crap the places I've seen most people brushing it off are sports forums where people want freaking football.

We don't have a grasp on this thing. Instead of brushing off these numbers and the impacts it has, which are severe for many, and worrying about what might be just one football season, we worry about attacking this and figuring out how to live with it without it being so impactful even if we are freaking incovienved for year?

Smallpotatoes and ChrisLong like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Proving malice and a person or elected body is completely incompetent are two very different things and one is hard as hell to prove.

Draft saved Draft deleted