1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's fine

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rt COVID-19

The state-by-state charts are fascinating on this site. The oddities:
    ---Hawaii was crushing it at 0.63Rt on April 9, then started rising . . . but did not open until May 7, and is now at 1.36.
    --- For all Arkansas' complaints, its Rt was at 1.10 at its May 6 reopening, but has fallen since to 1.07.
    --- California's Rt was a nice 0.81 on April 19, then started rising. But the state did not open until May 25, at which point it was at 1.04. It's at 1.11 now.
    --- Kentucky was at 1.00 when it opened on May 25. It's still at 1.00.
    --- North Carolina was at 1.01 when it opened on May 8. It's now at 1.00.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is a great thread.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even if he's too optimistic, at least he is willing to discuss an endgame. And nobody could say Gottlieb has been soft pedaling the virus.

Donny in his element and SFIND like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That made a lot of sense. Our goal should be to get as close to normal as we can, but we can't be stupid about it. I fully believe politicians caved to pressures from people who are too nearsighted to see the point of these measures and we're paying for it. I—as much as you—want schools to open in the fall, but if places like Florida are seeing 10,000 new cases per day in August, there's not chance in hell I'd want to open. And people need to blow it out their asses that masks somehow are a bad thing. If that was true, we'd have a bunch of dead doctors, construction workers, painters, auto detailers, hazmat workers and any one else who wears masks for hours on end.

SFIND likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The last two coronavirus task force meetings have been infuriating. Now they’re saying to wear a mask and avoid crowds. Especially inside.

As if this somehow new fucking information.

Stupidity and lack of leadership from this administration from the very start.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted