1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Celebrating the Fourth of July??

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

First day in Massachusetts with no virus deaths since March.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Democratic mayors currently in power in Florida: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Gainesville, Tallahassee, Miami Beach, Pensacola, Daytona Beach, Miami Beach, Key West.
    Also, Jacksonville had a Democratic mayor prior to the current Trump sycophant, and he didn't lose by much. Democrat Ron Gillum also carried Jacksonville against DeSantis, despite the fact that DeSantis is from a bedroom community in a neighboring county.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's talking about the lege and statewide offices. It's pretty much the same here. There are D's in city offices with large minority votes inside the city limits, but Doug Jones is the only one I can think of in an office that the state as a whole votes on, and he's federal at that.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Last night my wife showed me a facebook picture of a local bar in town, a real college bar. It was ducking packed, kids standing five deep at the bar and every table full. No masks in sight, because why would they? I couldn’t believe it, just the sheer stupidity. Cases are spiking in my state and county, and these numbnuts seem to think they’re immune. If this is the way college kids act, there’s no way we’re going to have college sports this year.

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And I meant to say “fucking” packed.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm in a "scream, cry, and kick people in the umbo" state of mind at parents right now. It's like they want to sit their kids in the path of a stampede of COVID. I'm starting to think "Idiocracy" is a documentary.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But, but THE ECONOMY!!!

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado bars set to reclose because of an "increase" in COVID cases, numbers I'm not seeing being reported by the state and have been tracking since March. And national outlets saying we're having a "spike."

Number of new cases the past seven days: 188, 262 324, 317, 226, 285, 204

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

11. MovingOnOut

MovingOnOut New Member

I am so tired of this.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

great news

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted