1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don’t know what I’m more tired of. The virus, or the sheer stupidity.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To answer my previous question about Virginia ... Northam is keeping bar seating closed even as Virginia goes into Phase 3. I'm good with that. I'll just keep rolling with the patio seating, thanks.

3. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

BBC headline says the U.S. has bought almost all the total supply of remdesivir.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sounds like a reverse of the Reopen days, when states of all political stripes reopened even though they had not demonstrated the progress that they promised would be required.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

DEATH PANELS!!

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sarah Palin just got excited and knows not why.

SFIND likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

According to this, 15 percent of Arizona's population is 62 or over. That's roughly 800,000 people. And I'll bet they vote as much or more than the other groups.

Arizona Demographic Statistics

EDIT: And it's probably closer to 1/4 of the population in the winter months.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

To your point, I looked up CNN exit polls in 2016 vs. state demographic profiles. The mileage varies from your source on the demos.

This cites 2018 Census estimates.
    At any rate, in the 27 states exit-polled by CNN, Arizona was first in the % of the electorate ≥ 65 (25%).
    In the census estimates, 17.5% of Arizonans are ≥ 65. So that age bracket was 42% overrepresented in the 2016 election. That figure is also first among the 27 states.

maumann likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

AARP may mean Accelerating Arizona's Replacement Politicians

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One thing that you can rely on is old people voting. They may not vote the way you prefer or the way you expect, but they'll vote.

There are a lot of pissed off folks right now, and I can't help but think that more people are pissed at Trump than at anyone else.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exactly. And they voted for the people in power who are doing this to them so when they get sick and score low on the scorecard...

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted