1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Curious about the polls now. Both Reagan and Trump our performed their polls. The rationale or rationalization is that people were hesitant embarrassed or just reluctant to admit they’d vote for either, but especially trump.

Have these yahoo trumpeters shown any reticence about being big mouthed about the orange messiah

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's why I'm not sold (despite recent polls) that North Carolina will flip, but I'm guessing it's going to be close because there's been enough progressive infiltration in the state.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I actually think this is a winking nudge from Lindsey about the fragility of Trump’s ego. He’s over the top praised his golf before and I think it’s more of a “this is what you have to do to try to get him to take your advice” than a fanboi devotional.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Early to play guessing games about states in the electoral college. I'll just say this. This past month no national poll has shown Biden worse than +8 and most telephone polls have shown him in double-digits. If the election were next Tuesday, he wins between 330-400 electoral votes. Of course, election is not next Tuesday. It's 124 days away. But in those 124 days, something substantive must happen to improve Trump's standing with the electorate. What will that something be? I ask the floor for opinions, guesses, etc., but "voter suppression" and "Republican courts" will not be accepted as answers.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He cures cancer.

7. Spartan Squad

Biden/Dems saying/doing something immensely stupid to turnoff voters
    or
    A drastic improvement in the economy
    or
    Covid begins to sputter out
    or
    A wag-the-dog operation that Trump gets to pretend to be the savior and there aren't annoying tests to show he's got no clue what is going on.

8. Spartan Squad

Biden just needs a message of "I will lead like a leader. I will listen like a leader. I will act like a leader. Things are hard now, but they will get better for you because you will once again have a leader in the White House." Then let the Lincoln Project do the attack ads and appear like he is above the fray.

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Three letters: GRU

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. A cure for cancer dangled.

The old standby in sci-fi films and shows where the alien species promises breakthroughs in exchange for 'cooperation'.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The good thing about the Lincoln Project is that they're a bunch of guys who have created sharp elbow (and occasional eye gouging) attack ads for the Republicans. They're veterans at doing this, and Trump is a plump juicy thin skinned target with well known weak spots. Folks that wished that the Dems would campaign like they mean it and be as nasty as the R's will get their wish. 'Course, they'll be on the other side in four years, but I'm glad to have them now.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.