1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT MAH FREEDUMB?!

#CuckAlert

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What is the penalty for not wearing a mask in Oregon? You should start there.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

100 percent correct. I wish all of our political leaders (including Newsom) had listened to what the libruhls were telling them and ignored what the right wing wackos were demanding; had the right been ignored, masks would have been mandated months ago and we'd be so much better off now.

tapintoamerica and HanSenSE like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Let's go to Cuckenbach, Texas
    With Donald and Jared and the boys

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

SCIENCE!

Cool article about how one mutation of the virus has become the dominant variant, and why increased cases may not be resulting in corresponding rises in death rates, even though it appears to be just as lethal. Like every virus, COVID-19 has learned that if you kill the host too quickly, you can't spread.

I'll be interested to see how this information can be used to quickly and economically create at least a decent treatment.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-mutation-coronavirus-dominate-globe.html

MileHigh likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Boo!
    Some things are better off uncorrupted!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sorry, partner.

8. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

OK, we get it. You're second-guessing the recommendation against masks in mid-March. It's now early July. Policy makers have the right to alter their playcalls. Or do you think that adapting to changing circumstances is somehow incomprehensible?

Let me guess. Were you the high school special teams coach who decided to continue to kick off to Roger Maris in that one game, even after his first ... and his second ... and his third touchdown return?

cyclingwriter2 and TowelWaver like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

On April 24, NYT columnist and conservative thinker Bret Stephens whined, asking, "Why does the rest of Amurrrrica have to play by New York rules?"
    Since then, NY State has had a 3.78% positive rate while real Amurrica (the rest of the country) has checked in at 6.40%.

On May 20, the National Review asked where DeSantis should go to get his apology. On that day, Florida's 7-day average in positive rate stood at 2.87%. On July 1, it was 17.69%.

maumann and garrow like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know.

My Liberal Wayback Machine shows a ton of "Stay the fuck home and shut everything down" and not very much "Make masks mandatory in public and let's keep business (almost) as usual."

What circumstances changed? This is a virus that primarily spreads by BREATHING and TALKING. Every photo we saw on the wire in January and February had people wearing masks. Whatever incremental things we have learned over the past 16 weeks were not revolutionary enough to warrant a complete 180-degree change from March.

Here is China's president. On Feb. 10.

[​IMG]

Three weeks later, the US Surgeon General tweeted, "Seriously, people --- stop buying masks!"

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Muh Freedum beats Yo Freedumb.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're going to spike the masked football with China? The country that ALSO forced everyone to stay home under penalty of being hauled to jail? That's how you're going to spike the football of "we should have worn masks this whole time?"

Draft saved Draft deleted