1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I see where the couple in Orion Township are looking at felony assault charges for brandishing at the black folks in the Chipotle parking lot. If I'm the DA, I'm adding any terroristic threat counts that are on the books, just to make their lawyer sweat bullets.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, I would, too. And Donald Glover (the brains behind Atlanta) and so on.

OscarMadison and Big Circus like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

To those doubting the Redskins change... it's a lock.

There is absolutely no way they make that announcement and then not change it. It's gone.

5. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Yep, at this point you can't say you're going to review the matter and then say, " Nothing has changed. We're good to go as is."

Webster and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

What about Chicago's other baseball team? White Sox when they are nice. Black Sox when they were bad.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"We got input from sponsors and the league and they all agreed they want to be associated with a racial slur."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Big Circus likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anytime money is on the table - and not just public sentiment - it's big. Always thought changing the team to the "Legends" would still "sound enough" like Redskins and perhaps allow them to keep the Native American theme if nothing else. Snyder has to be trying to get one of those local tribes to find a way to get a pass like Florida State and some other schools received.

NEW: Nike Pulls All Online Washington Redskins Merchandise

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Agreed. I guess we'll see what it is next.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is interesting. Some players need to be conscious of their choice. Example: Anybody named Black or Brown or White should stay away from "Enough." Imagine the glee that Clay Trumpist and his klan would take in that.
    On the other hand, Tacko Fall should consider "How Many More."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was always more annoyed by those idiots changing the end of the national anthem into "...the home of the Chiefs."

Is that name any better than Indians? Sure, Redskins is worse, but are any of those okay?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting point. Snyder is so bitter about this libruhl-induced change that he's going to mention the name as often as he can on its way out.

Draft saved Draft deleted