1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Imagine what the numbers are going to be when doctors' offices and urgent care clinics are back open after the holiday weekend.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It is, if your area is not going through NYC-like horrible difficulties.

Hospital situation in my city (16th biggest in the country) is stable. Masks are mandatory in public. We're doing fine. Don't send us back to April's measures.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She was at one time a pretty prominent PR person in Phoenix. At some point she went carnival freak show crazy. It keeps getting worse. Her social media presence is a monument to severe mental illness.

Remarkably she still has a few clients. I suspect that changes this week.

5. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

One of these days I expect DeSantis to come out and talk about the voices he hears. He's just completely inept.

garrow, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Good grief. That first video had echoes of too many scenes at inpatient psych. I've been that person standing in front of someone ripping up whatever was in front of them, into themselves if their hands frustrated them by remaining empty, and I feel some sympathy for those Target workers. At the very least, context and work tools prepared me for people who have stepped beyond the bounds of social contracts.

We are going to have a tougher time as more people forget their lines and become the heroes of whatever first-person shooter game is playing in their heads. Some will inhabit these roles because of a failure of character as opposed to chemistry. To me, that is far scarier than the delusional woman who is venting her grief and anger over our lost sense of normal at a rack of masks.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Batshit

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biggest question to me is what the hell are they trying to prove. Streaming/recording the whole thing feels scripted. And who the hell are they performing for? Perhaps inspired by The Giant Cheeto?

The first couple were funny. Now it's like they're trying to outdo each other for valuable Internet points.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah there’s something wrong there larger than masks. Not that I’d expect Rex Chapman to have any kind of wisdom for that as he aggregates video he didn’t take and racks up likes.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

To his credit, he has used the Twitter fame to create a charity.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What exactly do you expect Rex Chapman to do?

Draft saved Draft deleted