1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They’ve tried for 50 years.

Sounds like another bunch of folks I know. Folks with a sweet, sweet guvmint pension.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My sense from 5,000 miles (literally) away is that my primary focus would be on Barr; that guy has come as close to obstruction of justice as I've ever seen in a government official. The current DOJ won't move on him (and no one's going to appoint a special counsel) but when the new regime comes in? Yeah, that cries out for investigation. Have to believe that there are lifers in the DOJ that will tell a compelling story.

The others? They've been abhorrent but I don't see any unlawful or treasonous acts. Kushner maybe even others for what may be revealed in the Russia/Ukraine acts when the stench is gone from the WH.

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Were you against Kaepernick taking a peaceful knee?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Institutional Racism is defined by everyone's default position, the lowest point where everyone starts.

College basketball coaches have a default position where they think giving black (or any underprivileged kid) an opportunity makes them a good person:

Noose comment by Penn State basketball coach points to larger NCAA problem

Then NCAA is so tone deaf that they ask the guy who said "[the coach] wanted to loosen the noose" to a player in Jan. 2019 to LEAD a seminar on racial relations!!

This movement can only make progress when we all admit that the inequities abound.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If this is your own line, very fucking good, and should be "borrowed" by one of the big boy papers.

Sing-song personified.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Minor point of order: It was the National Association of Basketball Coaches, not the NCAA, that convened the panel and asked Chambers to serve on it.
    But everything else is right. For many years, people in the business have wondered how Pat Chambers has kept his job for so long. There has to be more to this tenure than the relatively low expectations of Penn State basketball.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Songbird-
    Thank you.
    This is a brilliant synopsis of what's happening.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Some of y’all need to get educated.

10. Songbird

I don't know who he is but he's going places fast.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Waiting for the criticisms of him driving being an inappropriate way to pontificate about racism ... oh, never mind.

12. Songbird

Would've been funny if his pontificating led him into the middle of a street mob.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted