1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4realz?

2. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

he said having a national conversation is being told what to think and when asked to apologize for saying she hates America as a condition of coming on his show (to boost hate-watching ratings no doubt), he acted like that was a demand that he concede the debate before it began. But, you're right, I'm sure he was prepared to argue in good faith.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's being vetted to be the next heartbeat away ...

Let's see what's she got in the heat of the moment.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Just so we're clear: Tammy Duckworth was given two different chances to offer her own thoughts on whether George Washington's monument should come down, and she punted both times, calling for a dialogue, both times. It's well within her rights to punt on any question. It's also well within any pundit's rights to judge that punting. It's unfair to suggest Duckworth hates America based on that answer alone.

Duckworth also suggested Trump's speech was honoring "dead traitors." I'm not sure that's how I heard his speech, and I'm not sure she actually listened to it. (To be fair: I didn't listen to it until a few days ago, well after Duckworth's interview.)

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Funny thing about traitors. They're only traitors if they lose.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Confederate leaders were traitors.

Washington was not. It’s telling that Tammy Duckworth is afraid to say “no the Washington Monument shouldn’t come down” because, well, for some reason.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Confederate officers broke their oaths and renounced their allegiances to the United States.

They were traitors in every way.

Scout and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Inaugural address, Jan. 20, 2017: "This American carnage stops right here and stops right now."

There is a do-nothing branch of the federal government. It is the executive branch.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That bad faith unfairness is the difference between a pundit and a propagandist.

Also not sure what entitles Carlson to a "debate."

Is he running for something?

Maybe he should just request an interview.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So are rebels in other nations . . . that we overwhelmingly support most of the time.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

'We support' = what a typically bad Congress supports

'We support' = what a halfwit president and his malevolent administration supports

I don't recall being asked my opinion on Noriega and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.