1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Pence? My guy? No.

2. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I find it odd when they fire these guys, especially now. The Carlsons of the world are not even trying to hide their racism any longer. What is he gonna say? “Sure, this guy was my head writer, but I had no idea he was a racist. My show was based around this guy’s thoughts, but I’m not racist. I just accidentally keep hiring racists.”

lakefront likes this.
  3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

How come it's a fireable offense to say "All Lives Matter" unless you are a Fox announcer? It's actually Christian and true.

4. Fredrick

Why is Carlson racist? That is an untrue slam. Just because he cares about the OTHER 25 people killed in Black on Black crime in Chicago on a given weekend including deaths of 5 year olds? That doesn't make him a racist to think the mob is out of line night after night disrupting traffic, ripping down statues, firing bricks at cops and through windows. The fact you think he's racist without giving me examples surprises me on a journalism board.
    Tucker thinks it's OK for two St. Louis natives to defend their property from the mob marching about 10 feet form their house. I suppose it's racist to defend your home from mob marchers. Compare that to the Seattle mayor who allows businesses to be RUINED in a fiery, anarchistic autonymous zone for 3 weeks then finally breaks up the zone when the mob marches in front of her mansion one night. You can't make this stuff up.
    At least Carlson, Hannity, Rush and Ingraham give the other side. Without them, good luck. At least it's dissenting opinion to mob mentality. I know somebody who know Carlson VERY VERY well and I've met him. He is not racist.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There is not a fucking chance you are a real person.

Tighthead and Patchen like this.
  6. Fredrick

As a journalist you are aware of Carlson's ratings compared to CNN shows? You think my opinion is shared only by me? He's not a racist for gosh sakes. That is a mean accusation.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just this week, the writer, Blake Neff, responded to a thread started by another user in 2018 with the subject line, "Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?" Neff wrote, "I wouldn't get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no." (The subject line was not censored on the forum.) On June 5, Neff wrote, "Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down." On June 24, Neff commented, "Honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep." On June 26, Neff wrote that the only people who care about changing the name of the NFL's Washington Redskins are "white libs and their university-'educated' pets."

But he's a centrist!

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

“Black people are coming for you.”

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

why is hakeem olajuwon a tall nigerian basketball player that is just being too woke for one's own good

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Matter of time before Tucker has this guy on as a guest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.