1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

I fail to understand why so many politicians can't grasp the most basic element of communication: Honest bad news is better than dishonest good news. No one's asking you to be perfect; admit it when you've made a mistake, work to fix the issue. Not complicated. The problem always gets worse when you pile one poor decision on top of another.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

we missed our chance

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our city board of directors are considering a mask ordinance and taking public comments right now. The livestream is amazing. A greater collection of conspiracy theorists and idiots who trust random YouTube videos instead of medical professionals might never be assembled (until the GOP convention later this year).

An actual virologist got up and spoke. He was booed. Somebody yelled "FAKE NEWS" at him.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

As a society we are so fucked.

TigerVols, Baron Scicluna and SFIND like this.
  9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

At the risk of being overly pessimistic, I wonder how much of it revolves around fear of looking weak. When you build your brand around being (or at least appearing to be) strong, uncompromising, and unapologetic, admitting a mistake is akin to willingly handing the opposition a club with which they can legitimately attack you. That could be particularly damaging when one lacks sources of support and legitimacy beyond raw populism and being an "outsider".

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I still can't even with this. Forget that Florida is awful right now, how many people going to Disney are coming from somewhere else? There are so many people that just don't give a crap or think nothing can happen to them and they have to go to Disney because they planned forever and it cost a lot of money and it's fun that plenty of people will still show up. But holy crap. In one of the worst places in the world to do something like this right now too.

How is Disney even feeling like this is a good thing? I guess money above all. And why would you even think about going? Well, lines will be shorter so let's hope all is well!

HanSenSE and SFIND like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Add in that Disney did not test the returning workers before putting them back to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted