1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The fact that the most outspoken right-wing "celebrities" are Chuck Woolery and James Woods -- a couple of fucking has-beens if I've ever seen one -- is telling.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Here's the way it usually works:

Contagious (but asymptomatic) Child A goes to school, infects Child B. Child A develops symptoms a couple days later.

Contagious (but asymptomatic) Child B goes to school, infects Child C. Child B develops symptoms a couple days later.

Pissed off at having to care for a sick kid instead of working, Child B's mother gets on Facebook and berates the "irresponsible" mother of the kid who went to school sick and infected her child (when she unknowingly did the same thing).

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

While that does happen, my teacher friend was talking about obviously sick kids being sent to school. Kids showing up running fever. Kids who puked while getting dressed for school. Kids so sick the principal is sending them home for day before 8:30 am. That, as she said, happens all the time - likely due to the scenario of the parent(s) needing to get to work with no other option for childcare.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

play ball!

SFIND likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

MUH FREEDUMBS!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As if the 2016 election wasn't enough to convince me - I'm now certain we live in a nation of dumbassery. So many people acting like this is over.

Just a couple of months ago, probably 99 out of 100 people I passed on my daily walk were masked up. Parks were closed. People were careful. Now the basketball hoops are back up, the parks are pretty crowded - and maybe 10 percent of the people I pass are wearing masks. There's a community pool a couple of blocks up the road. People there like it is any other summer.

This shit will never end because we're too stupid.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is true. I should point out the student in my story was in high school, so old enough to stay home alone.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've about worn out this old Niven and Pournelle quote, but it remains appropriate: "Think of it as evolution in action."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted