1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Haven't touched a subway since early March. Got fever and chills, some body aches and conjunctivitis in one eye for a few days after that adventure. Was it the subway or something else ... couldn't begin to tell you.

While there has been much hand-wringing about cleaning the trains overnight while they've been stopped, that does precious little to reassure me. Perhaps you'll feel differently.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, you are making hit up to fit your contrarian/pro-conservative narrativee.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The problem isn’t Trump, it’s the blue checks on Twitter, Hollywood and elites at universities.

5. outofplace

Are you being intentionally obtuse or are you really just dumber than everybody seems to think?

The point of having two or three days a week in person and the rest virtual is that schools can have half of the students in the building and the other half at home every day. (In some cases, students would alternate. Group A would have three days while Group B had two one week, then they would switch the next week. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, but your post was so stupid, that I figured I really needed to dumb this down for you.)

Cutting class sizes in half at least gives schools a fighting chance at following CDC guidelines for social distancing. It's not a perfect solution, but it is better than all-virtual and safer than full capacity every day. One of the biggest problems with all-virtual learning from March through June was that students could avoid their teachers entirely, so it was far easier for them to not be engaged. That isn't an option when they have to be in the building half of the time. The hybrid models are a huge improvement over all-virtual learning.

There is nothing political about it, so stop being a contrarian jackass for once and think before you post next time.

SFIND, tapintoamerica and Dog8Cats like this.
  6. outofplace

I applaud your effort, but fear you are wasting your time trying to find value in Alma's posts. He is just being a contrarian, whatever that takes, and attacking Democrats. Maybe he really is doing the latter as a way of keeping his side honest. I believe he made that claim at some point. Maybe he is just completely full of shit regarding what political side he is on. I really don't care at this point. His contrarian act was clear long ago, but his idiotic questioning of hybrid models for school just showed how little value there is to be found in what he is doing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Can you imagine Trump at a podium saying something like this:

“My fellow Americans, I stand before you today, humbled. We are facing a challenge unlike anything we have faced before, and the time has come for us to say that the measures we have taken so far have not been effective. We must think differently and think better, and I have asked my cabinet and my staff to construct a plan. This plan will focus on nationwide standards for public health, and this plan will help us weather the economic storm. I’ve assembled a staff of experts, the best in their fields, to put forth their best ideas. I now will step aside and ask them to present those ideas to you.”

Imagine that, for just a second.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Tried. Can't be done.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's bad enough he and his administration live in an alternative reality.

Trying to get us to do the same is a bridge too far.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But what about the libruhl media?

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If I understand this horribly written story correctly, we know:
    1) The sample size is 45.
    2) None of the 45 suffered harm from the vaccine.
    3) We don’t know the extent to which the vaccine protects people from getting sick. That knowledge will arrive in Phases 2 and 3.
    Sounds to me that everything so far is good but it’s too soon to proclaim victory. Am I right?

Draft saved Draft deleted