1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As we know, black letter law is being soaked in a stream of orange piss.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He doesn't always get his way. In fact, he gets it less than most Presidents do. See today: ICE dropping the student visa requirement.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, it’s not that we can’t politically achieve in-person education (whatever you mean by that, because it sounds like doublespeak). It’s because we cannot realistically achieve it without exposing thousands upon thousands of teachers, janitors, secretaries, counselors, administrators … oh, and CHILDREN … to a virus we aren’t willing to even attempt to mitigate that is running rampant in our society.

It’s not political. It’s reality.

How many people have to die to make you and the rest of your Death Cult happy?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That total is never high enough for their klan because anybody who dies falls into one of the following groups:
    1) Weak (generally because of age.)
    2) Black or Brown (and therefore worthy of death because they might tend to believe that Black Lives Matter.)
    3) A Hero (a term applied to white, pseudo-Christian Trumpists who attend rallies in Tulsa or Phoenix or Jacksonvile and die for the cause.)
    In any circumstance, their death is welcomed by the Trumpist klan.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he had the smarts and the staff to do it, he'd get away with more. He puts out executive orders for things that are plainly not going to stand instead of crafting the policy in such a way as to slide it through. It makes a big splash for a short time then it dies. I think that many such are purely political theater to get the press talking about something other than his most recent scandal in the headlines.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Such a Negative Nancy!!!! Why all doom and gloom!!!!! Be positive!!!!! Deaths are going down!!!!! No reason we can't have football!!!!! Etc.!!!!!

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm down with lots of Heroes dying between now and November then. The more the merrier.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hehe. Language.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I understand that impulse. Some people will be making that case, most likely from the progressive wing of the Democrats and maybe some Lincoln Project-leaning Republicans who want to purge any remaining vestiges of Trumpism from their party. I doubt the latter group will be very large, though -- the guy did win a presidential election, after all, which is more than the sainted John McCain or Mitt Romney ever did.

You're probably right that it's long past time for Democrats to play Constitutional hardball like Republicans have for years -- I just don't see an environment that's conducive for that to happen. If anything carries Joe Biden to the presidency, it's going to be the overwhelming desire for a return to normalcy/business as usual. Criminal proceedings against Republicans and heads on pikes aren't business as usual, though -- for too many people, it will look like victor's justice and the same chaos as the previous four years dressed in a different-colored tie.

In a best-case scenario, Democrats win both houses of Congress and the presidency. If that happens, though, they'll know they're on a two-year clock -- during an ongoing pandemic, facing a hostile judiciary, with a wrecked real economy (i.e. not the stock market), in a political system that is geared toward gradualism -- before the electorate starts angrily demanding to know why everything hasn't been fixed and votes Republicans back into office in the inevitable 2022 snapback election. Is that an environment in which Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and the Democratic braintrust are going to be eager to burn political capital putting Republicans on trial? I suppose it's not impossible, especially if things somehow get worse, but what evidence is there from the last four years that the Dems' leadership has that kind of spine or teeth?

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Here’s the other concern: The actuarial reality surrounding Biden (77), Pelosi (80), and Schumer (70 on Inauguration Day). The Dems need spine, teeth ... and some bench strength.

maumann, SFIND and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sadly, I agree. Trump and his klan deserve to be prosecuted and incarcerated and worse. But everybody has to question if it's worthwhile in the long run. If there is a semblance of justice and Biden wins and even if the Senate flips, the victory will be temporary. The two-year window is a correct term. There will be a reactionary election in 2022, and that will be about disaster mitigation for Democrats. Letting Trump off the hook will not be satisfying, and its impact may never be fully appreciated, but prosecuting him will lead to an even greater SEC backlash.

maumann likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Any of you fakkas say you don’t know about OnlyFans is outing yourself as a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted