1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why would the NY Times ever publish Carlson's home address?

Maybe he's just trying to change the subject.

Maybe!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ed Henry sounds like the kind of guy who watched 50 Shades and took notes, while also furiously masturbating to Don Johnson's daughter.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

So basically Carlson makes a false accusation and gets his zombie followers to do what he was condemning.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Here is the allegation against Carlson. Not what the allegation was mitigated down to, but the allegation itself:

In December 2018, after appearing on his show, the complaint alleges that Carlson told Areu "that he would be alone in New York City that night, and specifically said that he would be staying alone in his hotel room without any wife or kids."

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, I think the larger point is that Tucker created some fake news by saying he was about to be doxxed by the NYT.

Also, that's a fairly hostile work environment if, in refusing the advances of a married man, she's no longer booked on his show.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I bet Tucker said it in Ted Baxter voice too.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, that's half of the larger point.

The other half is "real scandals." He addressed one of the real scandals. The other one, well, falls a bit short of Matt Lauer/Charlie Rose/Roger Ailes territory. But you knew that.

I have no idea where Tucker Carlson lives, so I have no idea what the NYT, in reporting on Carlson, is going to reveal about where he lives.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

c'mon

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

My sense is Carlson is overreacting the way men can when it comes to their family, and also in the sense that Carlson may not (probably does not) appreciate that his commentaries are more than provocative for a good number of people, but something closer to actual violence. He's said...a lot...in the last month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.