1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One of the things I find most troubling is schools strongly recommending that students wear masks, but not requiring them. This just doesn't make sense to me.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For a starter, instead of a disposable or cloth mask, he can get up off of a few bucks and buy a case of KN-95 masks. They are not N-95 hospital quality, but most of us don't really require that level of protection. Their filter level removes 95% of particles. The answer isn't "Oh, well, screw it then, I won't bother", it's "get a more efficient mask and protect yourself better". Such masks are far more available than they were in March or April, and while they are still marked up they are much cheaper now than they were.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Includes a shout-out to the Trumpist drug Remdisivir (sp?) and the widely panned hydrochloroquine.
    Despicable.

4. tapintoamerica

She forgot to encourage bleach-drinking.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Alles klar, herr Kommissar

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't turn around, ah oh

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As a true Patriot, I'll be aiming my Chris Craft square at Horse Face Ingraham and Tucker (Too Tan) Carlson tonight at the boat parade.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Remdesivir is legit, dude. They may be price gouging out the ass, but the drug itself is effective in combination with steroids.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But I'll wager a million Internet dollars they'll hold an active shooter drill sometime during the first week.

11. tapintoamerica

True. But that ain’t why she’s touting it.
    There’s so much virtue signaling in there that I’d be a bit uneasy if I were Pence. That post is an audition made in response to a suggestion from the campaign.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree with you, and think my friend might be just using the mask-wearing as a reason to quit working. She's actually very health-conscious, almost to the point of being a hypochondriac, so the stance against masks surprises me. She really believes they don't help, though, even though she's not a Trumper, I don't think. She's also not a dumb person -- she was the valedictorian of our high school class, and, until a few years ago, when she was hired into a coveted position as a lead Imagineer for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, she was a contractor on national-defense projects requiring the highest levels of security clearance.

It's been a strange back-and-forth that we've had about this. But I think she's probably just struggling with deciding what she wants to do. She has truly loved working for Disney, and, in recent years, has been the happiest I've ever seen her with regard to work. What she wants to do is work from home, but she's been told no, that she's essential to the current project and has to work on-site.

Draft saved Draft deleted