1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You make it sound like these things didn't happen.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ok I see where you're coming from now. You're probably right there'd be pushback. I just wonder what would happen if we had tried to make it about winning. But point taken.

3. Spartan Squad

They did but people were quick to give them up and they were done with a obvious lack of support from the one guy who needed to give his support to make the effort worthwhile.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In Connecticut our interpretation was...ok, we will do that. And we did and then dumbassery...or what ever the term was that we used last week.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not singing "woe is me" here, but even in my corner of Deploraland, your "for a time" stuff has been SOP for going on five months and there's no sense of it ending anytime soon. (And this doesn't even account for the stuff many of us enjoyed (spectator sports, the arts, etc.) that have gone poof.) I'm not complaining, mind you, but the "this would have been over but for you people!" bit gets tiresome.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If the lockdowns had held through and past Memorial Day weekend, we’d all be a lot better off now.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

It may be tired but it's done as a rebuke of the man in the White House who seems like he couldn't care less if we get out of this do long as he can blame someone else. I'm mad it's August and things are still bad. I'm mad that we had the information about how bad this was but the president choose to ignore it. For me, I'm more mad at the president for the state of things. There are also dumbasses who aren't making this better and they are in all regions. We have a lack of leadership and some state and local leaders who want to kiss up to him.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

And they didn't happen everywhere, and still haven't in some places. And there have been parties and people in based and churches and.... No or very little contact tracing

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. I also think we would have fewer dumb asses making things worse if the dumb ass in the White House had done his damn job properly from day one.

Baron Scicluna and OscarMadison like this.
  11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

bUt KiDs DoN't DiE fRoM tHe ViRuS

12. Spartan Squad

Draft saved Draft deleted