1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Russia led the way on negative pressure wound therapy and Leon Hirsch and US Surgical would never have existed if he hadn't come across a Russian surgical stapling device that he used as the basis for his company's devices, i.e., ripped off.

Since then, though...

[​IMG]

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The local school board voted last night to delay public school opening until Sept. 8, so that's when the sixth-grader starts.

We decided to put our first-grader in the private school. No more than 15 in her classroom — right now she'd be the 11th — and it starts next week. It will be cheaper than her retired teacher tutor.

4. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Hearing about a Russian vaccine makes me think of the song from the ‘60s, “Love Potion No. 9” — it’s something concocted by a gypsy in her kitchen sink.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It hasn't been produced for widespread rollout. Not until at least October.

But I'm sure "by the end of this decade" we'll have a Made In The USA version. And the Ocasio-Cortez administration can claim victory. ;)

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

When does your flight leave?

SFIND, TigerVols and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. BTExpress

It doesn't. Outside of Croatia, Turkey and the UAE, the eastern hemisphere is pretty much off limits to Americans.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    COVID!!!

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Forgive me for calling bullshit on anything Putin claims. This isn't a case of we just don't understand Russia or we're "being hypocritical" calling out Russia for things we've done. This is a highly suspect claim that should be highly suspect until proven otherwise.

SFIND, OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  11. BTExpress

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He has really branched out since he stopped pitching.

Draft saved Draft deleted