1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mngwa likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Because of our country's and state's botched response, I think we're condemned to a situation where time is the only variable now. I'm hoping when my wife and I eventually wind up infected, that it's a weaker strain and not a lethal mutation.

Fred siegle and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

That poor child.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Not surprised. Testing numbers are way down in SEC country.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Somehow these self statistics don't match the behavior that I observe daily.

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

In relatively non-important news, Tenet gets released internationally on August 26.

I really, really hope that this isn't the highlight of the lull Britain is experiencing. (For me, at least.)

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No this makes sense. The American tradition: I'm trying my best, it's everyone else screwing up

SFIND and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump University of Lynchburg should be shunned by every other college in the country for myriad reasons. In this, a year of the Trumpandemic, the reasons go beyond the crime of justifying any institution with their racist core. It's also practical.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Let’s reopen the schools, because—

Early reports did not find strong evidence of children as major contributors to SARS-CoV-2 spread,3 but school closures early in pandemic responses thwarted larger-scale investigations of schools as a source of community transmission. As public health systems look to reopen schools and day cares, understanding transmission potential in children will be important to guide public health measures. Here, we report that replication of SARS-CoV-2 in older children leads to similar levels of viral nucleic acid as adults, but significantly greater amounts of viral nucleic acid are detected in children younger than 5 years.​

—oh.

Age-Related Differences in Nasopharyngeal SARS-CoV-2 Levels in Patients With Mild to Moderate COVID-19

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of something my line coach did to us after a tough loss. As we were stretching on Monday, he was going around asking all the guys individually how they felt they played Friday night. Very non-chalant chit chat. Of course, almost all of us said they felt they played well individually. After a few minutes he walked into the middle and said “everyone of you said you played good, but somehow you all fucking lost the game as a team.” Then walked off.

Draft saved Draft deleted