1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Local college had its freshmen orientation camp last week. Normally, a couple thousand freshmen move into the dorms early and have a week of games and seminars. This year, they had just 500 or so ... until they had to shut it down early because about 70 of the upperclassmen who serve as counselors were caught having a non-socially distanced, no mask beer bust.

These are student leaders who can't even follow the guidelines established by the school!

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Look at the Sturgis attendee cell phone tracking image that's out there on the tweet masheen.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, there’s video.

Part 2 (the aftermath) hasn’t been released yet.

maumann and Machine Head like this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Fascinating

Coronavirus: Germany puts on crowded 'study concerts' with Tim Bendzko

Some 4,000 healthy volunteers aged between 18 and 50 were urged to sign up for Saturday's study in Leipzig, carried out by Halle University.

Singer-songwriter Tim Bendzko agreed to perform at all three successive gigs.

Scientists planned to run three different scenarios with some 4,000 visitors at the Quarterback Immobilien Arena in Leipzig during the course of Saturday.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The "322 new cases" was the ninth straight day of triple-digit increases.

Why did you choose to leave that information out? You purposely made it sound like "tough" South Korea based its decision on 332 new cases.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Local rural high school has cancelled first two football games due to players testing positive. Classes don’t start until Monday.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The University of Iowa is doing a fantastic job of tripping over its own shoelaces.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That's that, then. Grandma died a few hours ago. Took a stroke, heart attack, failing kidneys, and vascular dementia to bring her down -- tough to the end, just like her mother. Glad I made the trip and got to spend one last day with her, though I had to stifle a gasp when I first saw her. She was completely non-verbal and had withered away to almost nothing, so thin you could see her heartbeat in her neck. The most frustrating part was not being able to do anything other than sit there, keep her comfortable, and wait for the inevitable.

Visitation and funeral will be in the next day or two. Turns out Nebraska doesn't have any restrictions on such gatherings -- masks are 'recommended' by the funeral home, and every other pew will be kept empty. I'm told two family members can't attend as they're quarantined after being exposed to Covid-19 at work. In the meantime, I'll be crossing my fingers that the Covid-19 test that the State of Nebraska is providing meets with Hong Kong's approval and that I can get through the three years of mail that has piled up at my mom's place before my flight leaves Wednesday morning.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got to say goodbye and I pray she's in a better place now. Sorry for your loss.

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Condolences. Glad you were able to get there for a final goodbye, despite her condition. It can't happen in all situations, of course.

Prayers to you and your family.

maumann likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Bari. The last moments of a loved one are always so tough. My very best wishes for a safe and snafu free return to your residence.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family during this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted