1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why does the mayor of Tuscaloosa hate football!?!

SFIND, garrow and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This might also be the key to playing college football. This way, you only have to lose the services of those who test positive. Never mind that it will ultimately make more people needlessly sick.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought when I heard this earlier. Wonder if they'll back off like what was done with the plasma announcement from POTUS? Or can I not tell my agencies without a scorecard?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

HOW COULD ANYONE KNOW THIS DISEASE WOULD SPREAD?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No lockdown, no hysteria... DOMINIC SANDBROOK asks: Is Sweden proof we got it all terribly wrong? | Daily Mail Online

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Walt Maddox, the Mayor of Tuscaloosa, played QB for UAB. He didn't hate it then, and he's trying to save it in Tuscaloosa. It's a huge part of the town economy.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I explained that. Almost EVERY country will experience its highest death rate in many years --- since whatever year its most recent calamity was.

For Sweden, it was a famine 150 years ago. That's actually very good. It means they've been able to avoid wars and other such calamities for a century and a half. For Russia, the most recent calamity was the decade of Yeltsin (an additional 250,000-300,000 deaths every year for 10 years). COVID is barely a blip to the Russian people compared to that decade of misery.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I forgot the sarcasm font.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9,000? But I thought children stopped the spread? At least they're was a study posted here that said that... I'm shocked it was wrong.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just wanted to take a moment to point out that the kids are all right (even if they don’t have jobs waiting for them after graduation).

Damn fine kicker.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And I'm good at playing the straight man.

Draft saved Draft deleted