1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The data shows an increase of 8,995 confirmed cases since the previous report, which included data from 15 days earlier, on Aug. 9.

For the 15 days before Aug. 9, the state confirmed 8,585 new COVID-19 cases among children.

Opening of schools barely changed the rate of new cases.

Read only the words of the tweet, and you get the impression that schools by themselves caused 9,000 new cases. Which is exactly how it was meant to mislead. I'm shocked anyone would do that. :rolleyes:

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Please. You've done the same thing with that misleading German story.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

FL is rapidly suppressing testing. The numbers have no meaning

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Länga leva Sverige!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Testing here has fallen to less than 4,000 per day. Many sites now require an appointment and are only open M-F during regular business hours - when people are working and kids are in school.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Return trip off to a great start. Took my RT-PCR test at 9 a.m. Monday, Nebraska HHS said expect results within 72 hours. It's now 8 a.m. Thursday and still no results, so American isn't even letting me get on my flight from Omaha to DFW. I've already had to rebook twice and sign up for a 23-hour layover in DFW. Now I don't know if Hong Kong will accept my test results because they have to be within a 72-hour window prior to departure. Even if everything goes according to plan from here on out, I'm going to have less than a day to get my head right before I'm expected to be back at work.

I hate every bit of this. I'm glad I was able to get back and be here to support my family, but there's a worryingly large part of me that would've been just fine with being stuck in Hong Kong.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought about writing something like that a couple of weeks ago, but its not supposed to be said in polite company. This is just my opinion, but *I* thought it takes a helluva lot of nerve for the family member to call you and say you need to be on a flight ASAP to see dying grandma.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You'd have been justified in my book. You were in an awful spot. You are still in an awful spot. On the other hand, you might have faced years of resentment. And for now, you'd be worried about that. One thing you can lean on now is that you will be free of that worry.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gamecocks now teetering.

Draft saved Draft deleted