1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They've been doing similar testing at the University of Colorado.

This week, the school detected a possible outbreak of coronavirus in the wastewater collected from four residence halls.

Possible coronavirus outbreak detected in CU Boulder wastewater | 9news.com

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Really tired of certain people in this world.

REDDING, Calif. – In the months since her father died from coronavirus, a Redding woman said she's been called everything from a liar to a sensationalist perpetuating a misinformation campaign.

When Mark Neal lost his battle with the virus in April, his 21-year-old daughter Alex Neal posted on social media and told people in person he had died. Since that time, calls and comments from those who believe the virus is a hoax have made dealing with her grief more difficult.

People told me to my face he didn’t really die of the coronavirus, she said. “It has been pretty awful. If he had died of cancer, I think people would have said a lot more nicer things to me.”

Negative comments she received are often politically-charged reactions to her telling people her father died as a result of the coronavirus, and to her plea on social media for people to wear masks — an act she said might have saved her father had people known to wear them back in February.

She wrote on Facebook on Aug. 7: "I have had people tell me to suck it up; 'hospitals get paid to put COVID on death certificates;' 'stop being a sheeple;' 'stop being a zombie;' 'if he ate like this (diet) then he wouldn't have died;' 'everyone dies eventually;' and so much more."

Politicizing the pandemic makes no sense to her, she said.

“In the real world, COVID doesn’t care if you’re political or not. Wearing a mask doesn’t take your rights away. I hope it doesn’t take someone they love dying to convince (people) the virus is real.”​

She lost her father to COVID-19. 'Awful' Facebook users are telling her to 'suck it up.' — USA TODAY

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Disgusting. Psychotic.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In terms of mitigating the spread, is it safer for a football team to clear the bench — more unique players with less individual exposure per player — or to keep starters in? Or does it make a difference? Wonder if anybody will try to research this.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Son, we're trying to win a football game here. Tell your statistics to shut up."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Buy a gun.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

It certainly looks like cases are undercounted: Largest Seroprevalence Study in US Shows Vast COVID-19 Undercount

But this anecdote is surely a sign of a conspiracy or something. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, BTE, and for the agenda pushing truth-telling you do on this thread to counteract the alarmists.

And I would have thought a newspaper designer could link to a reputable site -- like the TV station of the embedded video -- but I'd guess you'd rather support aggregate websites or whatever the fuck "breaking911.com" is.

Slacker, Inky_Wretch and TigerVols like this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted