1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“But see, I just want to go out at night and have someone cater to me so all I have to do is talk and eat!”

Y’all couldn’t pay me to eat at a restaurant right now.

Adults who tested positive for the coronavirus were about twice as likely to have dined at a restaurant within a two-week period prior to becoming sick, according to a new study from Centers For Disease Control and Prevention.

The study included 314 adults who had showed symptoms of COVID-19 and had sought testing at one 11 facilities across 10 states in July. Of the participants, 154 tested positive for COVID-19, while 160 tested negative and served as a control group.​

Adults With COVID-19 Twice As Likely To Have Eaten At Restaurants, CDC Study Finds

maumann likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have done nothing but takeout since March. Most of the restaurants in my little town have really gotten their takeout acts together and it's easy. The only difference is you have to mix your own drinks and wash your own dishes. But on Thursday night as I drove to pickup a dinner, I went past a recently reopened under new management place, a steak house, that has zero outdoor dining capacity and the parking lot was as busy as it would've been on a September Thursday in 2019. Even more amazing, this place has always been known for its core of elderly regulars. Alice and I were well below median age when we'd eat in its bar/lounge area.

SFIND and maumann like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is eating at the restaurant the infection point or does it indicate a more lax attitude toward safety protocols like masking and social distancing?

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

And we don't know anything about brain damage from the virus widely reported.

Play ball, indeed. Fantasy sports beckon. You know, the important stuff.

SFIND likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed.
    KABC-7 here in SoCal has a daily interview with a doc who answers questions from viewers and he is always encouraging people not to go out unless you have too. He said he hasn’t been to a restaurant since March (nor have I for that matter) and he said outdoor dining is only a click safer, unless the outdoor facility has cooling misters, in which case it’s more dangerous than dining indoors.
    Party on, party people.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You can’t eat without taking your mask off.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Piece of cake.

[​IMG]

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yikes ...

Slacker and maumann like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OTOH, New York City has had outdoor dining for much of the summer and infection rates stayed low.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

I feel bad for those kids, Inky.

That poor dude is just trying to figure out where he's going to get a meal. I was wondering where I was going to find my next drink at that age.

I will never mock these millennials again. They've risen and conquered in my view.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Those are actually worse conditions than the county jail. UM ought to be ashamed.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

that's why people hate college football - that nonsense right there

Draft saved Draft deleted