1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-12_12-9-2.jpeg

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

SFIND likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Come on. How can you have the big weekend parties if everyone is quarantining? Non starter.

SFIND likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Big party at the Alpha Maga Corona house.

Situation and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Just felt like reading the first page of this thread today for old times' sake, and props to Neutral for a pretty good crystal ball.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Soitanly!

HanSenSE, SFIND and maumann like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

To be certain, the only procedures that were delayed were neither life- nor limb-threatening. These places want the procedures performed because they either want to get paid or, at the very least, start the paperwork with the carriers and/or the government to get paid. And ... to supposedly make people all better.

Better safe than sorry. Much better to overprepare than plan an OR schedule on the edge of capacity, then get overrun and lose lives as a result. Risk is one thing. Overscheduling ORs is an unnecessary risk and another thing altogether. Most health care systems are not run by stupid people ... those people are too busy running newspapers and our government into the ground.

8. Sam Mills 51

Stop - right now. The current governor is handling things so much better than his predecessor. The predecessor was as stupid and self-centered as DeSantis, Kemp and Co. The number of dead, had the predecessor been in charge, would have been much worse.

DeSantis, Kemp and Co. didn't take nearly enough action and look at what has happened in Florida and Georgia. Is that what you really want?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Today’s college kids aren’t millennials. They’re Gen Z. So we can still mock the 24-38 demographic.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My post was not an indictment of Cooper --- at all. I think he's doing fine.

It merely was a response to Inky, who wondered whether any place would dare reverse its phased openings if cases started to mount. I pointed out that while not really reversing anything, my state is being very careful about moving forward.

That's it. Nothing nefarious and no reason to interpret it as such.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days, and am wondering: Bob Woodward has had great credibility, in journalism and in connection with many topics, mostly as a result of his work on Watergate ever since then. Does this current instance of an opposite response regarding a similarly important issue in terms of journalism sully his reputation and career? Which instance prevails in terms of how people will, and/or should, look upon him and remember about him going forward?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think a fair amount may depend on what happens in November. If Trump loses, the book will be remembered for bringing Trump's transgressions to light.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted