1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical of everything.

But last week Sweden averaged only three deaths a day. Its per capita death rate is now lower than 13 other nations, including the US and the UK. Explain that however you choose.

Explain also how a deadly "novel" (no immunity!!!!!) virus leaves so many people unaware they even have/had it.

Everywhere I go in my state (same population as Sweden) people are masked up. We're not even in Phase 3 of reopening yet. My state had 35 deaths yesterday.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What do Sweden's fake doctors advise?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't know if this belongs here or politics thread, but I decided here. Gov. DeSantis of Florida announced he's introducing a "bill of rights" for college students to attend parties on campus without getting suspended or expelled. In other news, a lot of Florida college students aren't gonna be allowed in their parents' houses this Thanksgiving.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because diseases don't affect everyone equally with some exceptions. If they did, humanity would have died out ages ago from the first flu that ever went through our population. There's a guy named Darwin I think you should read.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If that was really the case, shows and movies wouldn't still be shut down. They'd be cranking out product to take advantage of people wanting to watch things.

7. BTExpress

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.

Eager to meet the first asymptomatic gliobastoma multiforme patient. :) There's quite a leap between people reacting to diseases differently and people dying in three weeks vs. never knowing they had it. Think about that again. You ostensibly have NO IMMUNITY against this virus and yet still don't know you have it.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Did I say some exceptions? Remind me, did I say some exceptions?

Also Darwin.

11. BTExpress

Waiting for the first gliobastoma multiforme "exception". :)

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn’t they set a new record for Covid deaths the other day?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted