1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's why the good seats are still available.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He’s going to end up killing a lot of reliable Republican voters.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Joe Biden's America

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The above is a covid denier theme -- it's a plot against white people. The larger denier theme boils down to "I'm not sick, so there's no problem." Both indicate that our country is full of horrible people we'd be better off without.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Medicine Uncensored? Doesn't that come on right after Sex Put Me In the ER on Discovery Channel?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Don't know about that, but it's not like they've made the sort of progress that would compel a decent public servant to decree that all is well. They'll have about 700 more deaths this week. Same as last week. While way down from the peak of 1,272 about six weeks back, it's still about three times the number when DeathSantis was whining about when he was going to get credit for his greatness and the Federalist or some other Trumpist publication was asking when he was going to get his apology.
    The 7-day average positivity is 10.87% -- more than twice the rate at which responsible states are supposed to be able to relax. Of course, there are no responsible Trumpist states. Or at least very few.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Was it the lack of a comma that's confusing you? Because the "some exceptions" is modifying the "doesn't affect everyone equally" statement. A gliobastoma is typically fatal within a year. Some people can survive longer (exception? not sure) but yeah it kills most sufferers quickly. Pretty sure that falls under the "with some exceptions" statement to the "doesn't affect everyone equally" claim.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's why sometimes I struggle with "He's going to kill a lot of Republicans." There are times when my fed-up self wants to answer that with "Good!", but I don't want to *be* one of the horrible people, so I bite my tongue. Sad but true, raging schadenfreude on steroids.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Norway and Sweden have had even less. According to Google, Norway had one Covid-related death this week.

All three are countries with a low population density, except for a few urban areas. So maybe the solution is for everybody to move to South Dakota.

SFIND likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They tried that at Sturgis and it didn't turn out so well.

maumann likes this.
  11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

BTE might not want to count his Swedish chickens before they hatch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/09/25/sweden-coronavirus-debate-lockdown-new-cases/

Also, Sweden is one of the least densest countries in the world, has universal healthcare, and routinely grades as one of the healthiest populations on the planet.

The US? Far denser, prioritizes profit over treatment, and is one of the fattest populations in the world.

Gee, wonder which population is better equipped to handle a respiratory pandemic that has a high infection rate for obese people?

SFIND and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted