1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

People are saying he's very brave. Probably the bravest president ever. Very brave.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This could explain some things this morning.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what is the tension on his mask's ear loops and no si units this is still america

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

why don't we know about Obama's Covid testing?

tapintoamerica and Webster like this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I predict FATUS goes back to the WH today. I predict he'll be hospitalized again, because I'm not sure anyone gets over this stuff this fast.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This can be a very volatile and unpredictable disease. Supposedly people who suffer the worst of it can be feeling all better one minute and think they are out of the woods, only to take a turn for the worse quickly. That 7ish day mark seems to be a typical inflection point for that. I can't stand the idiot, but I am hoping none of that happens to him. I guess it is good for him that he can probably reasonably make them take him back to the White House and he can still get the kind of care and treatment there that none of us could get at home. Which actually brings up a point I haven't seen discussed. I have no idea if that Regeneron monoclonol antibody they gave him is effective -- how can anyone, it has barely been tested? But let's say it is (and you can't know from one person, because he may have come though it without the drug). ... this is a drug not being produced, which is in very short supply. They barely have enough supply to do the trials they have been trying to do. There are a lot of doctors whose patients were in dire situations who would have loved to have tried the drug as a hail mary, but none of them would ever get their hands on it. It's fine if we acknowledge that he gets special treatement because he is the president of the United States, but we all know we will never get any humility or acknowledgment of it from him or the assholes who surround him.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Today is the first Monday in October, the start of the SCOTUS term. With the two other branches ravaged by COVID thanks to Trump and the GOP's recklessness, how long before it gets to those hallowed chambers?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, but how will we tell?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gosh, I hope this is enough for the idiot stalwart of Fox & Friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.