1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I know we are all in the “oh no Trump is magic” trauma from election night four years ago. And yes, I will admit there is some non-zero chance he somehow comes out of this in good shape.

But it sure looks disastrous for him at the moment. It’s not some big secret we need to interpret, it’s exactly what it looks like:

physically, he’s an old man who wasn’t in great health who just got a serious virus that caused pneumonia. He is ignoring and overruling good medical advice to try to present an image that he is on and he still looks like crap. And this disease is notorious for giving people false hope at this stage only to debilitate or kill them in the following weeks.

He’s going to try to put together something that could plausibly pass as his normal schedule and he will be lucky if there’s no cameras pointing at him when he literally collapses. I would put it at 50/50 right now that he comes out of this alive and able to pretend he’s fine for another couple of years.

Electorally, this is equally devastating for him. He was already losing, and a week that he needed to make up ground was instead spent being made to look foolish and weak on the most important issue of the campaign.

like I said, I remember 2016 and how dumb my complete confidence he would lose turned out. And a week ago I was still terrified of him. But he just had literally the worst week a president has had in my memory (I’m a little young for Reagan getting shot)

Roscablo, OscarMadison, Dyno and 4 others like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why do I see a state funeral coming in the next couple of weeks?

maumann likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he dies, it will simply be denied it was the virus. Hillary poisoned him with novochok. Biden did it at the first debate! When your supporters are so stupid and so pig ignorant, anything works.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Reagan's medical prognosis from the emergency room on was excellent, and the doctors were quite candid on the details. He was lucky, but then, until Alzheimer's, he always was.

maumann and RickStain like this.
  5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Now the king told the boogaloo men
    "You can't let the MAGA drop"
    The virus has taken over the USA
    And been risin' to the top
    The Secret Service they drove his Cadillac
    He went a-cruisin' around the hospital
    The Proud Boys were a-standin'
    By the radiator grille

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Surprised Politico didn't explain how Meadows ended up as Chief of Staff: Meadows' district in North Carolina is part of the state's endless GOP gerrymandering. Meadows KNEW he wasn't getting another stint with the district redrawn, prompting him to pull the chute and leech on to Trump's staff.

Some of the crap he said to reporters relating to Congressional stories was remarkable in that he was the biggest media whore to the media. Always willing to say something Trumpish. Always.

Slacker and garrow like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fletch!

10. Sam Mills 51

Thing is, Darth Vader did one more good deed than Donald Trump.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is very common when dealing with pneumonia to start to feel better, but when you get up and start moving around you crater after a couple of hours. I have no idea what Trump's actual respiratory status is (who does?) but that's typical with pneumonia patients. Add in the above. If it's cool outside the cool night air isn't going to help things either.

As to the walking around infected with no mask on, there's simply no excuse for that sort of idiocy. Someone needs to get him by the ear and put him in bed, but no one is going to.

RickStain, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Trump will get more people killed as a result. And he will take no responsibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.