1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a single yard sign for president in my 1,000-house neighborhood.

And just about all I see outside my neighborhood are for state and local candidates.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

By the way, I'm not buying that CNN poll that's floating around this morning that has Biden up 57-41 one iota.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Probably because two-thirds of Trump voters won’t admit it publicly. His support is still there. It’s just that I believe Biden’s level of support is much higher than Hillary’s.

swingline and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's about what you'd expect in my state ... lot of Biden in the cities, lots of Trump in the rural areas. And to Inky's point, the Trump people are far more elaborate and demonstrative. Also, lots of people in the rural parts of the state flying American, Confederate and Trump "No More Bullshit" flags side by side, which I find comical.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In our reddest of red state, my wife is awaiting the Biden/Harris sign she ordered. I told her that, when we put it in our yard, we should also fly an American flag on the front porch and put a “Pray for America” sign in the yard.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    gingerbread and lakefront like this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Was talking about this with Zeke this morning. I’ll buy that he’s up 8-9. But that just means you’re going to see some +17s. Just as you may see a +2 or +3 occasionally.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I finally got mine yesterday. Donated probably a month ago and was wondering if it would arrive in time for the election.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest - although they'll treat him in the WH if at all possible in a vain attempt to keep his relapse off the radar.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There is hope for my Trumpy corner of the world.
    I saw a Trump/Pence sign burned and thrown into a ditch the other day.

10. Neutral Corner

Actually, I hope he does take a run at a televised address. All it would take is overtaxing his lungs a little to bring on a coughing fit that would be the headline over anything he said.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.