1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s insane. And I hope he proves it by playing golf this weekend.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump says no stimulus unless he gets a free official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

He'll shoot his eye out.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Yeah, hello? You're the disease and I'm the cure."
    "Sir, this is an Arby's. If you'd like to place an order, please go ahead. If not, go quote Cobra to someone else."

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

With extra hoarsey sauce.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Boo.

That gets you a “boo.”

maumann likes this.
  7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I get the reluctance to believe polling, prognostication, etc. but to echo a Nate Silver point on Twitter a few days ago (perhaps shared here? Can’t remember.) ... it’s possible we all wake up Nov. 4 to a Biden landslide and say “ohhh, duh. Trump is HORRIBLE at politics.”

We are all so stung by 2016 that we see magic powers we can’t explain or measure when we look at him, but there’s plenty of evidence, including the 2018 mid-term, that Americans reject him and see his bullshit for what it is. His poll numbers do and have consistently sucked. He fucks up everything he touches. The messaging from him and his staff is head-in-hands stupid.

As frustrated as we all can be with our neighbors, parents, etc. who support him, it’s possible Americans aren’t stupid enough to vote this dumbass into office. Twice.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd rather wake up the day after and think "well, duh" than the opposite. That said, I also wonder if Trump's "popularity" is inflated. Maybe a big chunk of people no longer consider themselves "Republican" so those that do are overrepresented in polling. Throw in how many people are more encouraged to be "out and proud" about their Trump support because of his perceived popularity (close enough). I imagine there would be fewer flags flying if they realized their number was closer to 30 percent.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The fuck is he talking about?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Section 230 is what forbids people from suing Internet companies for libel. Repeal it, and watch Twitter ban Trump in about 10 minutes.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Twitter should ban him for that one. Just to royally fuck him over. He's earned it.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.