1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The difference between the Russians and the Americans in Europe during WWII was that is was much more personal for Russia than America. Russia was attacked, invaded, burned, looted and raped. And when the tide turned, the Russians returned the favor to Germany by burning and killing and raping everything and everyone in sight. Most Germans born in 1946 and 1947 are 1/2 Russian. The Americans weren’t choir boys, but they wanted to kick the shit out of Germany and go home. The Russians wanted vengeance, the Americans wanted victory.

@Starman wants vengeance. Trump made it personal.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He doesn’t go to work

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He's already dead, just no one told him

micropolitan guy and Driftwood like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

You must cry out for the blood of the criminal. Like a good Roman.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Trump has no ability to "print" money.

That has been Jay Powell and his merry band of monetary mandarins, all of whom are acting on their own, not at Trump's direction. They have suppressed interest rates to distort the price of that money and they have effectively nationalized our debt markets to allow our government and failed businesses to borrow beyond where a free market would be willing to lend to them. It has punished any saving and investment and has rewarded debtors and failures, so yes, it devalues the dollar.

They have been doing this for decades to a reckless degree, and it didn't suddenly happen when Donald Trump became president. They crossed the rubicon during the financial crisis and made it so that our economy is an overlevered mess that relies on more and more debt to keep a collapse from happening.

The only relation to Donald Trump it has, is that this is how he ran his businesses and as president, just like Barack Obama, the Fed has enabled him (and the Congress) to dig a giant hole that will cripple us moving forward. When Obama was sworn in, the national debt was $10.6 trillion. Under him, in 8 years we threw another $9 trillion in Federal debt on top of that -- a staggering rate of increase -- that was only possible because of the Fed monetizing it. Under Trump, the Fed continued to monetize any and all debt, and so far in 3 1/2 since Trump was elected, they have increased our national debt by $6.6 trillion and counting. What's sad is that nobody seems to care, and when the full extent of the debt crisis that is going to happen (and gets worse with every minute this goes on) hits us, people will remain intentionally blind as to the cause and demand more of the sickness to cure the pain.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Those were two of the predictions that my Qanon brother told me this summer about what was going to happen. It must be in the qanon minutes.

btw, I am sorry about saying STFU yesterday. I just hate hate hate hearing about polling, after 2016. My apologies.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Take it to the Running Mea Culpa thread

Songbird and poindexter like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Speaking of, I need to give you a hearty F U.

I had a dream (nightmare really) that Trump managed to win the election, with NC and Florida and a 96-electoral vote Oklahoma. I was losing my shit to everyone who would listen about how this could happen and the whole time I was thinking about how I owe Poin an apology for posting about polls. So right here, buddy ;)

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and poindexter like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Ah yes, Tim Alberta. The Saskatchewan Slugger. I once saw him fight Joey Ontario. In Vancouver."

"Vancouver, British Columbia?"

"No, Vancouver, Washington. On the undercard of Hector Quebec and Prince Edward Island."

"I know Hector Quebec. The Montreal Mauler."

"No, you're thinking of his brother, Johnny Victoria. He fought out of the Yukon. He married a girl named Regina. In Edmonton."

"All I know is never bet on the Canadian."

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

BED1073D-2236-47C0-A57C-00A8D7BB22F2.jpeg

Probably as a vestige of my “impartial” journalism days, I’m not much of a sign-in-the-yard guy. But my wife says that, when it comes to Trump, “to be silent is to be complicit,” so we put one in our yard.

I thought that in our state it’s pretty much a futile gesture, so I went to Alibaba.com and found a Russian EMC (election master control (организатор выборов)) and installed it in our yard. On Nov. 3, when I open that box and throw the lever, Biden wins big!

I’m probably going to do it before noon so the election will be decided early and there will be no pizza for the news side because that’s the sort of butthead I am.

Just kidding, I know they’ll get pizza no matter how early their work is done.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I do not agree with the sentiment Starman expressed, but he is right.

You thought people on the right were loony and angry prior to 2016 because they weren't in power? There are some on the left who are now — and you can add in the fact that at the very least negligence has led to more than 200,000 deaths, lots of moms and dads and grandparents.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

I sense great fear in you, Skywalker.
    You have hate. You have anger.
    But you do not use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.