1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I post a lot of tweets from little known people, or "nobodys" if I think they've made a good point or that they are funny. Do I "Care what they think"? Not to any significant degree... but if I read an article and the writer gets off a real zinger I'll laugh and then read it to my wife to share it with her. It's pretty much the same mechanism.

So having 100k followers on Twitter makes you a profound thinker? Interesting.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    lakefront likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wait, it wasn't antifa with their bags of soup and cans of Bumblebee? LOL

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Short and to the point. Perfect 10 there.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Or that Trump says something stupid out of impulse, and then changes his mind after the people around him work him over. I would not be surprised at all if he walks this back and does the debate. I also wouldn't be surprised if he does a rally and airs his grievances about how the debate system is rigged and was out to get him instead. He's a loon on high powered steroids.

6. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you, but we also don't need to start taking Pence's argument seriously. The Obama/Biden administration declared a national emergency within two weeks of the first cases in the U.S. and set the power of the federal government in motion in case it was as bad as COVID. It soon became clear it wasn't. They screwed up on vaccine distribution later, which was a failure, but the swine flu was also receding at the time so consequences weren't large.

The H1N1 revisionist history from the right started in February as a way to cover for Trump not taking COVID seriously because nobody had died yet and swine flu had killed thousands. Now that they can't use that, they desperately flail about to distract from their own horrid COVID response. It is a ridiculous argument from fundamentally unserious people, and treating it as such is OK.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  7. Neutral Corner

Trump to Woodward, Feb 7th:

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It goes through air, Bob. That's always tougher than the touch. You know, the touch - you don't have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air. That's how it's passed. And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than your - you know, your - even your strenuous flus.

lakefront likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Trump doesn’t want virtual debate? Fine. Skip it. DONT GIVE IN JOE. He needs the airtime more than you.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Too late. It sounds like they just agreed to move debates to Oct. 22 on Oct. 29.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

For instance:

Trump says stimulus talks, $1,200 checks are back in play
    Latest pronouncement comes as Pelosi and Mnuchin negotiate on airline relief; Democrats have pushed for a bigger package

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/10/08/trump-stimulus-pelosi/

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A reminder he essentially did away with the pandemic task force. For what, who knows. The wall?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.