1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

For those who like these things (and yeah, national polls) but there have been 12 national polls since October 1. Biden has had a double digit lead in eight of them.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If I was running this shitshow, I'd ask Trump to submit to an exam by a doctor not associated with Trump and require all results be on the record. No pass, no play. And no way he agrees to it, of course.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not that this is in any doubt, but candidates who are losing do not want debates delayed. They are agreeing to this because he is currently too sick to be seen in such a format and will continue to be so for awhile

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We have not seen such twisting and turning since the platform diving competition at Rio 2016.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think they should ask for copies of the lab results before they get on a plane. As I wrote earlier, I think that he wasn’t tested before Thursday because he didn’t like the test and didn’t want to know if he was sick.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

So I don't only quote you when I disagree, @Alma, you are 100% correct about Charlotte Clymer's tweet and the whole twitter culture of one side saying something = "TOTALLY EVISCERATES"

SFIND likes this.
  8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Alma is a dumbass - don't worry. Probably eats the own shit he spews.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

You realize TV is visual, right? After the Mayor's answer, the female anchor who asked the question looks like her face was slapped with a rubber chicken.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Alma is a troll. He loves pissing off people. He probably drinks his own urine.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Oh good, two more weeks of roids running freely through Trump's system. Outta be a hoot. And why even bother having a debate on October 29? Most of us will have made up our minds.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

My fear is that Trump is impossible to poll accurately. It's like the polls that show two-thirds of our country are religious or Christian or whatever, when maybe a third actually go to Church and attempt to follow their creed. For whatever reason, people feel compelled to answer yes. Whatever that reason is (guilt maybe) it's the same thing in play in the prez polls - people are embarrased or ashamed to admit they support Trump, so they don't admit it. The undecideds are the biggest concern. I know there aren't a lot of them, but 100 percent of them are going to end up voting for Trump if they go to the polls. Nationally it might not matter, but those are the people who could decide the swing states.

My head tells me that he's lost enough of the suburban women and elderly that he should lose. My heart tells me it's well within the margin of error and could swing back to him because of some external variable (Rain on election day, a batshit crazy stunt, a Biden hiccup)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.