1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The "sir" is the tell that he's lying and making this shit up as he goes.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ironic, dontcha think?

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Here you go, Alma. Even I will agree that this one is going too far. Christ, I'll be glad when this election is over and people in general will be a little less unhinged. I hope.

"I don't think it's ever a good sign when a fly lands on your head for two minutes," the MSNBC contributor, who managed the late Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) 2008 presidential run, said during post-debate coverage on the network early Thursday.

"That's a sign all through history of sin, and historically, biblically, maybe you wouldn't normally say this — it’s only safe to say this after midnight ... but a fly, he who commands the fly is always seen historically as a mark of the devil," Schmidt added.

Host Ari Melber chuckled at the comment before asking Schmidt to confirm that he was joking and noting that the fly could have landed on anyone.

"But it didn’t. It landed on Mike Pence. And it says something, maybe something karmic about the status of the campaign as it implodes," Schmidt said, appearing to be serious.

"On the fact check, what Steve Schmidt has said about the [polling] numbers is true. What he said about the ultimate moral reckoning of whether the fly connotes evil or devil or Nosferatu is above my pay grade. But I can’t confirm it," Melber said in response.

Lincoln Project's Schmidt: Fly on Pence's head 'historically a mark of the devil'

Alma and OscarMadison like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Just a little bit.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.