1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The Whitmer kidnapping plot fascinates me. They wanted to overthrow the state government, and .... then what? Be governor?

Like, the White House is going to call Michigan to talk about that highway funding and say “can I speak with Gretchen please? Oh... she’s dead? You killed her? And who’s this? Ok, Steve, we are planning on sending some money to work on the interstate.”

“Hey everyone, add Steve to the governor Rolodex. He killed Gretchen Whitmer so he’s governor of Michigan now.”

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hey, Steve is a very fine person.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The maximum sentence if these guys are convicted is life in prison. Plotting to kill a senior government official should have the death penalty as a sentence option, too.

maumann likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're domestic terrorists. The "what now?" part of the plan isn't usual well thought-out among most violent, overwhelmingly evil people.

maumann likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The debate was a bore because Pence is a crashing bore. How does a guy with no personality rise to the heights of public life?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Because Manafort pushed him on Trump instead of Christie at Russia's request. Pence was not particularly popular in Indiana when he was tapped for VP.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Gives good head?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It'd be amazing to see these guys rip into Lansing afterward with their rolling coal pick-em-ups screaming "Where's the throne room?!?! We're in charge now, bitches!!! I'm gonna be a king!"

maumann likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

A president that refuses to debate is way more offensive to our troops fighting for our freedom than a QB taking a knee.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

Alma-

I dont agree at all with the Lincoln Project mocking the guy's wife. That's what you lot ought to be going after today instead of the usual bogeymen.

And, you know, that's how you can really tell these ads are being made by erstwhile Republicans - liberals don't do that stuff.

The fake CEO daughter, Melania, they're fair game in my view.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

dude, please entertain us, inform us or fuck thee off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.