1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I adore Sarah Silverman! One of my exes went to Hebrew School with her and her sister. Did not like them, does not understand why I do.

FWIW, I've voted. I had to stand away from the road and wait for the carrier I trust. We have one who is either very stupid or malicious or both. He shares the route with her. I noticed while I was waiting for her that a couple of guys in an unfamiliar car were stopping at mailboxes with their flags up. Yep. This is America in 2020.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Cry more, Republican’ts.

garrow likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Probably.

I don't know that anyone has brought it here before, if so I missed it. Eric Trump sat for his deposition Monday. Hope he hung himself with perjury.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When I see something like that on this thread, I think of the P.J. O'Rourke line when W.J. Clinton was running for president the first time: *The Arkansas state initiative to get cars on blocks has been a resounding success.*

That's a paraphrase.

5. Neutral Corner

If Durham had anything of substance they'd be trumpeting it all over. "After the election" = "I didn't find anything juicy I could smear with."

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wonder how the Postal Inspection Service would react if they knew about that.

7. Neutral Corner

I've loved P.J. since the salad days of the National Lampoon in the '70's.

My favorite quote was from an article he did for Car and Driver magazine. He drove a Ferrari 308 convertible from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa on I-20 the day of the Georgia - Alabama football game. Crisp fall weather, top down in a Ferrari, UGA coeds hanging out of their car windows flirting, asking for rides. Paraphrase, but close: "I couldn't have been happier if I had a sackful of Iranian radicals to drag behind the car."

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Some leftovers from last night’s edition of the ongoing Trump disaster:

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

They were probably hired by DeJoy

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As long as we're on the subject of Mr. O'Rourke, my favorite line of his: "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to 15 year old boys."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

By my count, 19 members of Congress have tested positive. and 15 of them are Trumpist.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He went there in 1947, because he had been there 19 years when he escaped.

I'm still wondering how he managed to hit a dozen banks that morning and closed out the accounts without the town being alerted that there was an escaped double-murderer on the loose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.