1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“How dare those filthy Democrats stand up to me! I have worked too hard to game this system to be stopped by them now, in my moment of triumph!”

garrow likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I wonder why??

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hand-delivered mine to the county elections office a week ago.

Webster and garrow like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Has Trump told Rush he’d debate Biden as soon as he could find a pangolin to bring?

SFIND likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, that throws my whole timetable off. But you are correct. He spent 19 years tunneling through the wall.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s become clear to me that for a large portion of the white people who were participating in the 1960s, it actually wasn’t about ending the war, or giving equality to women and minorities. A lot of them just wanted to smoke dope and do whatever the hell they wanted to do.

Their parents in a lot of cases turned out to be right.

They used the cover of the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement to launder their me-first attitudes. They used terms like liberty and freedom instead of what they practiced: greed and selfishness.

I have no other explanation for what they’ve wrought and what they’ve come to believe over the past 30 years.

Their parents at least had the half-hearted excuses of ignorance, isolation and a lack of education when it came to prejudice and matters of science. What are theirs? They grew up in the most plush moment of the greatest empire the world has ever known. They were offered cheap education, wonderful infrastructure, a booming economy and overflowing cultural abundance. They raised a generation, that while far too timid, safety-oriented and effete by a half, also displays real steps forward in race relations, empathy and peacefulness. And their only response to their own children was complaining about avocado toast and telling us to fuck our feelings.

I understand the change in perspective as we age. I understand the pushback to multiculturalism, the whiplash and vertigo technology is creating in al of us right now. I understand a need to slow down the rate of change.

How that led them to Donald Fucking Trump I’ll never understand.

SFIND and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Either he cratered or alert Secret Service agents wrestled him to the ground.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Movie Magic.

2. I certainly got the impression Norton had created the image of Shawshank as an "inescapable prison," so he might not have reported Andy's escape to the outside world until later in the day, first conducting a search of the prison grounds assuming he was hidden out somewhere in the buildings. The idea he would have crawled 3/4 of a mile in a shit smelling sewer pipe had to seem pretty unbelievable.

Andy went to Shawshank in 1947 and broke out in 1966-67. He was described as "very young" to be a bank VP when he went in, so my assumption was he was born approximately 1920.

Red went in in about 1927 at approximately age 18, so I'd guess he was born about 1910. He was paroled about a year after Andy got out, which would have been about 1967-68.

So they certainly could have still been up and around in the 80s-90s.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Same here.

I had my phone and took pictures, which I sent to the PIS. Crickets.

FWIW, I sent a manga how-to book to a child in the next subdivision. It was picked up by Grouchy McScratchmahbawls on the 14th of September, scanned in the local PO on the 19th, for some reason, went from Nashville to Memphis on the 21st, and was finally delivered to said child on the 29th.

Not an option in TN, sad to say.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wow. How broad was the tar brush you used when you wrote that?

matt_garth and Mngwa like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Really wide.

I just woke up and felt pissy. Take it with a grain of salt.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Been listening to it. It's actually been a very extended interview with Rush, and about what you'd expect on that front. But they're going on two hours with no commercial breaks and it doesn't sound like he's wheezing or gasping or struggling to keep up his energy. They cut out for the network break at the top of the hour but jumped right back in on the other side, so I don't even think they stopped for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.