1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

1. Yeah, I agree.

2. I’d think at first, they would be searching the grounds when the alarm goes off (at the time Norton finds Andy’s shoes). But I’d think Norton would have had someone go through the hole from the cell and find the pipe with the hole in it pretty quickly.

I’m thinking the timeline is like this:

10 p.m. Lights out. Storm is rolling in. Red is worried about Andy.

10:30: Storm hits. Andy crawls through his hole.

10:35: Andy breaks the pipe hole enough to fit in.

10:35- midnight: Andy crawls through 500 yards of shit.

Midnight -12:15: Andy celebrates getting free. Rips off shirt.

12:15-2:30am: Let’s say the prison is five miles from town. Andy walks there shirtless, so the suit doesn’t get wet. Storm eventually stops.

2:30 am-8 am: Andy hides somewhere, sleeps a bit, cleans himself up, puts on his suit.

7 am: Prison wake up. Guard yells at Andy to come out.

7-7:30: Quick search of the prison grounds.

7:30: Norton arrived at his office. Sees Andy’s shoes. The alarm goes off in the prison.

7:45: Norton rips off Raquel.

8 am- noon: Randall Stevens hits the dozen banks. One right after another. Three banks an hour. First bank, he gets the money in cash, goes to a used car dealer, and plunks down cash on the spot for a junkie car that he’ll later trade in for the convertible.

Noon: Andy leaves town.

Yeah, I’ve thought about this before.

maumann, TowelWaver and sgreenwell like this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Pence family trip to Indiana for early voting has been abruptly canceled.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

So presidential! I think he’s really growing into the role.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS on Lung Cancer Radio says the F word. I guess that's how to broaden your appeal.*

*my own epithets notwithstanding.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Let's start with the fact that the country voted against him and he got in anyhow. I accept no blame whatsoever for the poor strategy of the Clinton campaign or the existence of the Electoral College.

I'm a youngish 64. I follow the news and I see the opinions and talk to a lot of younger people on Twitter. (Some of my best friends are young... LOL) I think that I have at least some idea, and empathy. I particularly feel it for kids around 12 or so, who are coming to awareness of the country and politics to a background of Trump, Covid, and climate change that our country is ignoring every bit as hard as it did early stage coronavirus. I was 12 in 1968, and came to that awareness to thru the shootings of King and Kennedy, race riots and burning neighborhoods, the Chicago Democratic Convention, and more.

All I'm saying is that it was every bit as sweeping and generalized as any of the poorly fitting stereotypes about millenials, Gen X/Y, and whatever you call the succeeding generations.

maumann likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Conventional political wisdom for decades was that Social Security was the third rail of American politics. It still is, and when you throw in health care as well even moreso. That coming on top of the whole "It's just old people with complications dying, no big deal" attitude. Not a difficult prediction to make even before the general Trumpish lunacy.

maumann likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They’re really struggling to find a message that resonates.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Rush Lungbaugh.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

today was the day that donald trump became president

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That settles it -- I'm sure as hell not voting for her again

gingerbread and micropolitan guy like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s giving them a defense strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.