1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It would swing some tiny number of "undecided" voters hanging on to Fatfuck out of sheer party loyalty.

Now on the other hand, I suppose it might chase away some voters who utterly detest GWB, but most of those people would be voting Dem anyway.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

correct. This election has almost nothing to do with Biden. It is almost entirely a referendum on Trump.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Biden will get 400+ EVs, true or false?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Biden looks reasonably competent and sane, he wins, because Fatfuck isn't.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

easy false. The only way that happens is if Trump literally dies on stage in the next three weeks and then Pence does something majorly scandalous in the aftermath.

He would need to sweep every presumed competitive state plus also win Ohio, Georgia and Texas. We are talking five points more favorable to him than we already are. I’m not even sure that’s possible in our currently polarized electorate. The worst Republican candidate imaginable still holds on to those states narrowly. Which I guess isn’t a hypothetical and is in fact exactly what we are seeing play out.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He's essentially at 290 now and even if you give him all the remaining toss-ups -- Iowa, Ohio, Georgia, N.C. and Florida -- he only gets to 374.

Texas would obviously put him over.

Maybe he squeaks out South Carolina if there's enough Graham backlash and there's a surge in turnout.

Outside of that what's next possible that already is red? Missouri? Alaska?

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hate to play the part of Peggy Noonan, but driving around the Ohio countryside and seeing the sheer number of Trump signs gives me little confidence Biden can win the state.

I have seen more Biden signs than I did Hillary signs, though. But I’m pretty sure in’16 I didn’t see a SINGLE Clinton sign in my small town for the entire cycle that year. She was that unpopular. And it’s Indiana, which is a even redder.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

How a Right-Wing Network Mobilized Sheriffs’ Departments

The Atlantic has a story on this also.

We need a landslide defeat.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

There’s a report Trump weighed 322 pounds at Walter Reed
    It was called fake news
    He’s probably closer to 350

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

False.

335 is probably the ceiling, and that's giving him Florida and North Carolina while Trump wins Ohio, Georgia and Iowa.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

What he should say is denying Garland and rushing Barrett is court packing

2muchcoffeeman and lakefront like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donestown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.